Performing Arts Intern, Spring 2012
Dates: February - June 2012 (exact dates negotiable)
Application deadline: Rolling
Days: Open to negotiation
Hours: 15 hours per week (negotiable), may include evenings/weekends
Compensation: Course credit
How to apply: Submit resume to Roko Kawai, Performing Arts Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is a contemporary multidisciplinary arts center anchoring the Yerba Buena Gardens in the downtown San Francisco arts district. In addition to visual arts exhibitions and film/video screenings, YBCA presents bold and innovative experimental performances that provoke dialogue on the vital issues of our time.
We are currently seeking an Intern for the Performing Arts Department to provide administrative support for the 2 programs in performing arts: the community rental performances and the curated performing arts program managed by the Performing Arts Manager and Performing Arts Coordinator. The Intern will help with administrative and logistical support for the department. As part of the Performing Arts department, the Intern will help ensure well coordinated and successful performing arts programs at YBCA.
· Provides administrative, logistical and hands-on support to the department under the direction of the Performing Arts Manager and Performing Arts Coordinator.
· Assist department with all YBCA Presents as well as Community Rental performances (including but not limited to artist liaising and hospitality, onsite and on-the-ground needs, distribution of materials, fielding deliveries, etc).
· Assist department in archiving artist submissions & materials.
· Assist department with outreach and community engagement efforts.
· Assist department with maintaining archives and all program files.
· Other duties as assigned.
- Interest in arts administration and management
- Administrative experience supporting multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working effectively in partnership with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Willingness to learn and to take on a variety of tasks is essential, including a combination of administrative, front of house and artist hospitality responsibilities.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Willingness to maintain a flexible schedule
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Gmail a plus!